Wednesday, April 11, 2007

{ Why i Scrap






Just been sorting though some old photos from my mums and have come across a little treasure trove of photos and old merobilia from the 40s and 50s, im really happy my grandfather was an avid photographer, just some awesome shots ive come across recently, while filing old pics away..










I really loved these picture of the harbour bridge, it would have been about 15 years old here, Sydney looks a little different now from back in the 1940's, shame i didn't find them a couple of weeks ago on the anniversary, but I've got it now, now to find a way to scrap these designating photos before they are lost forever, although he was an avid photographer, my grandfather wasn't the best in keeping all these old photos and now they are fading and have deteriorated over the years, which is why i wanna scrap them before the memories are lost forever, this is why i scrapbook, to tell stories and try to give our future generations an insight into our lives. A lot of these photos are from slides, which I'm trying to get off my Uncle sometime this year..

Nothing too exciting, but i really loved this photo of my mum so i kept it really simple to show of the photo.

ADORABLE BABY GIRL
BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

Hopefully i will have more LOs to share in the coming days, somethings are a secrect and all will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Im off to the Craft fair on the Gold Coast tomorrow, to help out a friend, hopefully they will have lots of yummy stuff to buy, or maybe i should hope they dont so i might make some money instead of spending it all, hmm well we'll see wont we. Must remember to take some lunch and to take money, theres are really limited ATMs at these places which always confuses me, if you wanna sell something, please let people have access to their money so they can LOL.

Well thats enough ramblin for now
Til next time..
























4 comments:

smiles1965 said...

Hi Megan

Haven't seen you around the Boxx much lately so I thought I'd pop in and say hello :)

I love these 2 new layouts you have created. That old photo of your mum is so sweet. The pink photo corners and the flowers look perfect there.

Adorable photo on the second layout as well. He looks so cute picking flowers. I wish I could capture those sort of cute moments before my daughter runs away from the camera......lol

Fabulous work as always. I love seeing what you have been making. Enjoy the rest of the week and keep smiling xxoo

From Susan@Scrapboxx

Megan said...

Oh Megan what a fantastic discovery! Those photos are incredible.

Ohhhhhh would love to know your secrets lol...looking forward to you revealing them nutter!

Megan xx

deirdre said...

OMG Megan, those photos are brilliant, what a find. Love the LO's too :)

Mardi said...

Megan...what an absolute treaure trove you have...I adore old photos so much!
Happy shopping.... and happy scrapping!